Saturday, February 12, 2011

Around The World WishList Part 1

It's always been a dream of mine to go out of the country. I did go to Niagara Falls with my family for a couple of hours when I was 7 but I don't count that. I was so excited to get my passport prior to my wedding. I couldn't wait to step foot on Mexico soil during our cruise. Unfortunately because of Hurricane Paula, we never made it to Mexico and were detoured to Key West, Florida. This was a wonderful location that I had never been to before but it was in the United States! I was foiled again in my plans to get out of the country. Michael tells me that I was in International Waters but I still feel it doesn't count.

I have decided that I am going to have a series of blogs on the locations I dream about visiting. They won't be everyday, but they will be periodical and they will be fantastic. I went to bed last night dreaming of exotic locations and I feel this series is especially appropriate because of the cold weather.

First up is....the Amalfi Coast in Italy. When I think of Italy I think of great wine and pasta, pizza and decadent chocolate desserts. Of course I want to go there. But the Amalfi Coast is special. There was this great restaurant named after it in Charlotte and the owner was so nice. He sat with us one day while we were enjoying our antipasti and gazing at the photos of the place on the wall and told us about the great culture and beauty. I fell in love. I vowed it was a place I wanted to visit. www.amalficoast.com

 Located on the western side of the country, what I find so picturesque about the place is the roughed terrain and how the white villas sit right on the coast as well as the side of the mountains. I can only imagine the views from one of those villas. Also, the water I have seen in pictures is the bluest I have ever seen so close to land. Just thinking about it makes me relaxed. I'll leave it at that for now, I'm going to go warm up on this cold Saturday morning thinking about my dream location. Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment