Sunday, February 27, 2011

You Belong Among The Wildflowers

Spring is sprung here and I couldn't be more happy. I am not a winter person. I don't like my feet and nose always cold, I don't like the dark days and I miss the leaves on trees and sunshine. I even calculated when the midpoint of winter technically is so I know when we are in the back half. It's February 3, the day after Groundhog's Day ironically. I really think this should be the holiday. Or maybe that's why they have it that day. Anyway, I am considering having a celebration next year...I'm calling it A Midwinter's Night Dream. Not very original but you get the point. How we will celebrate I'm not sure. Any suggestions?

Speaking of groundhogs, we have one living on the slope in our front yard. Michael has never seen him but I have three times. He likes to eat grass and I guess I should thank him this year for the early spring. We tried to fetter him out yesterday while were outside grilling and hanging out with a friend, but no luck. We're tossing around names. What do you think?

Anyways, I was reminded of spring on Friday when I was talking to my good friend His Girl Friday. She was gushing about the beautiful wild yellow daffodils in her yard. I have them too I said! We both loved them and I told her to go outside, pick some and put them in a vase on her dining room table and I would do the same. I don't know if she did or not, but I did and they look simply cheerful! Yellow is definitely my favorite color and tulip my favorite flower but daffodils are definitely up there too. Yellow flowers just put you in a good mood no matter what! LOVE!

In honor of the beginning of spring here in Bama (I know it's still miserably winter in other parts of the country and I'm sorry:( ) I am including one of my favorite Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers songs "Wildflowers." It's about being happy and just being free. I do belong among the wildflowers! How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment