Monday, January 17, 2011

It's Not Good Or Bad...Just Different

This picture just cracks me up
Marion, Alabama. This is where I live. I never dreamed to even drive through this part of Alabama let alone live here. It is small. It is rural in a state that isn't that populated. To put it in perspective for all my North Carolina friends. The entire county has about 5,000 less people than the city of Lincolnton. Sometimes I just don't know what to do with myself here. I think some of the people here think I am an alien. Here are some interesting things that I have seen here:

  1. There are numerous locations around town where there is a stoplight AND a stop sign in an intersection. It is very confusing and I don't know if I should stop or go. Why do they have both???!!!
  2. There are numerous signs for the 3 or 4 restaurants we have that say "best in town!" such as "best margaritas" or "best burger." There isn't much competition!
  3. At the lone grocery store I can't get ANY type of seafood yet I can choose from move than 20 brands of barbecue sauce(I counted) and there is an endless supply of pig's feet.
  4. There is a town square and there are shops on it but I have never seen a single person go in or out of them. I wonder how they survive.
 It's just funny to me how places are different. We went to a fundraiser for the board I joined this past weekend and I introduced Michael to one of the board members. She suggested that next weekend we go to the Wild Turkey Federation banquet so we can meet some more young people. I don't know if I will have anything in common with those people...just a wild guess :)

1 comment:

  1. This post makes me want to come visit you. I suspect we could have a pretty crazy-fun weekend in Marion, Ala.

    ReplyDelete