Saturday, January 15, 2011

Puppy Love

I love my new puppy. She is my first puppy ever since we didn't have pets when I was a child. Alli is the cutest thing and is learning so quickly. We originally thought we were getting a yellow female lab, but the first time I laid eyes on my little bit I couldn't imagine another dog being ours. I truly think she could have no other owners but me and Michael. She does definitely drive me crazy doing her puppy things, but I would like to dedicate this post to the sweet, sugar little girl that she is!!!! Here is a top 10 things I love about our Alli:

  1. Her ears. i love touching and kissing them. I just shout: "Ears, ears, EARS!!!"
  2. The way she does flips when I am getting her food ready. It makes me laugh EVERY TIME!!!
  3. When she comes over and lays under our feet when she is tired.
  4. The little noises she makes when she is dreaming.
  5. Watching her and Gumbo play. They are all paws and ears and it is so CUTE!!!
  6. Gumbo and Alli sleeping together on Gumbo's bed...which they are doing RIGHT NOW!!
  7. Seeing her fetch and try to grab the toy when Gumbo is fetching.
  8. The way she looks like a drowned rat when she swim fetches. Still adorable!
  9. Her pre-bark. The actual bark is loud but the noise she makes when she is working her way up to it is way cute.
  10. Our nicknames for her. Doda Bug, Bug, Little Bit, Smoked Allibit with a nice roumelade sauce and of course The Littlest Shrimp Boat Captain with her brother Big Brown Tugboat (Gumbo).
My camera is being pooey, but I do have some phone pictures to share....

Alli with her new red collar!


Alli and Gumbo enjoying their bones together
Alli with her new friend Nellie who is 7 weeks older
She falls asleep on the chair leg a lot
I can't resist...Our Littlest Shrimp Boat Captain the day we brought her home!

1 comment:

  1. How in the world would you come up with the shrimp boat captain "nickname," which I'm not sure it qualifies for a nickname when it's so much longer than her actual name.

    ReplyDelete