Thursday, January 6, 2011

Resolutions

I can't believe it's 2011. That year just seems so futuristic to me. On New Year's Eve we were driving to a friend's house and all of a sudden I exclaimed to Michael..."In Back To The Future: Part II they go to the future and there is hovering skateboards and flying cars and junk and that was supposed to be 2015. That's only 4 years from now!!" I saw that movie when it came out on Thanksgiving Day 1989 with my cousins and aunts and uncles in Ohio when were visiting them. There were so many people in the theater my aunt had to keep my 2-year-old cousin Matt in her lap...I remember stuff like that...but I digress...back then it always seemed so far away...that future. It's mindboggling to realize that future is now. Makes me stand back and reflect for sure.

I usually don't do that though. I mean I make resolutions in the sense that I think of something I would like to do but secretly know I won't and say that. I never even attempt to make that resolution happen. Not this year, however. Maybe it was all that future/past reflection that got me going. I don't know, but I do know that it REALLY got me going on resolutions. I have several that I am attempting.

My biggest perhaps is my couch to 5k program. I have said for a long time that I really want to run a 5k, but I haven't really gotten that dream off to a good start. This week started the beginning of my goal to make it. Yes, sometime in the spring you will see (or hear about since most of my friends don't live near me) me running a 5k. Yes I want to lose the weight I've gainned, but mostly I want to do it because I've always wanted to and get healthier. Here's the web site I'm using:

http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

We'll see how I do!! It's been good so far. Another resolution is to organize our house. Our house is old and has a lot of character and most importantly is rent-free but on the downside has only 2 closets in the whole place. It's been a challenge combining all our stuff. But we plan to tackle that this weekend. I will let you know the progress later. Till next time!

1 comment:

  1. For more than a year, I've claimed I'm going to run a 5k. I once got eight weeks into the couch to 5k program, but then got sidetracked. Now, I have to start from scratch, but maybe I'll try it again. We can keep each other posted on our progress... maybe even run one together! That'd be fun. I suspect it will take me more than 10 weeks to get through it though.

    ReplyDelete